Pre-cleaning of Pipe, Fittings & Valves for Critical Service
Concord can pre-clean pipe and fittings from 3/8" to 12" diameter as well as 3-piece valves to 6" diameter. Even wrapped or coated pipe can be cleaned because only the ID is exposed to the cleaning process. We clean all material to "oxygen service" specifications but our customers may choose to use it for high pressure hydraulic, instrument air, chlorine, or other critical applications. Pricing is based on diameter and length.
Pre-cleaning of Pipe, Fittings & Valves for Critical Service Capabilities
- Industry Standards/Specifications
- CGA G-4.1, ASTM G-93, Praxair Class 2, Linde, and others
- 3/8"-2" Seamless Carbon Pipe
- Cleaned with a rotary abrasive tool. Mill scale, packing oil, and incidental contamination is removed and the ID is treated with a water based rust inhibitor. After drying with filtered forced air, the pipe is capped and bundled for delivery to the jobsite. While the cleanliness of the pipe is a perishable condition, with proper storage, the material will remain clean and rust free for weeks or months.
- 2 ½"-12" Seamless Carbon Pipe
- Cleaned by first media blasting the I.D. to a white metal finish. The final cleaning step is a chemical wash and rotary brushing that removes all traces of blast media dust and protects the metal with a water based rust inhibitor. The pipe is dried with filtered forced air and capped. We insert desiccant packs in large diameter pipe to help maintain a dry atmosphere before installation.
- Stainless Pipe
- Cleaned with new stainless brushes and a chemical wash that removes oil, grease, and incidental contaminants. The pipe is dried with filtered forced air and capped.
- Carbon Fittings
- The same media blasting process as stainless pipe, and are washed with a cleaning solution that protects the metal from flash rust. Each fitting is dried and bagged or wrapped to arrive clean.
- Stainless Steel Fittings
- Cleaned in powerful ultrasonic tanks using proven chemistry to remove all traces of contamination. The fittings are dried and individually bagged.